Vitamin C is widely known for boosting your immune system. But it turns out that this water-soluble vitamin has an array of other important benefits to the body. Vitamin C is the reason citrus fruit have that delicious, tangy flavor. Vitamin C can be found in strawberries, red bell peppers, sweet potatoes, and gooseberries. Vitamin C has broad range of health benefits. Vitamin C plays a role in healthy hair growth, youthful elasticity of skin, and helps your nails grow strong and beautiful.
- Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant and helps to repair damaged cells and clear free radicals.
- Vitamin C is essential for the biosynthesis of collagen and concurrently plays a large role in wound healing.
- Vitamin C is great for your hair and helps to strengthen hair follicles while stimulating growth.
- Vitamin C helps the body absorb iron, which in turn leads to a better utilization of oxygen and helps you combat anemia and fatigue.
- Vitamin C promotes nail strength and even helps prevent hangnails.
- Vitamin C helps firm skin, even out fine lines, and helps keep skin evenly moisturized – this is due to its ability to support collagen production.
Diseases and Conditions
Helps with Heart Disease: Because of its assistance in several different areas regarding the cardiovascular system, Vitamin C is an important vitamin to keep up on if you want to keep your heart healthy. It helps keep free from stress, keep your blood pressure down and your cholesterol levels low as well. It reminds people that you cannot depend completely on vitamin alone to prevent heart disease as they cannot overcome the negative impact of an unhealthy lifestyle. So take comprehensive approach to your health and start breaking poor habits while forming good ones.
Helps with Osteoporosis: Vitamin C helps your body absorb calcium and along with proper intake of this vitamin and few other nutrients like Vitamin D and Phosphate, you would be setting the stage for your body to help correct the symptoms of osteoporosis. Yes, you would also want to get enough calcium as the supplementary vitamins and minerals simply help your body use that calcium to the best of its ability so it does not go to waste. Always ask your health consultant about the best ways to treat your condition using mix of medication and all natural treatments is often effective.