Cholesterol is vital element in the body which helps in functioning of the body. But if the quantity or level of cholesterol increases then it can lead to plenty of problems. High cholesterol is one of the primary reasons for heart disease. There are plenty of ways to reduce high cholesterol but natural ayurvedic remedies for cholesterol are most effective ways to get rid of this problem. Ayurveda mainly take power from the natural herbs to show the impactful results in the human body. The ayurvedic herb naturally helps to lower the high cholesterol level. Also it helps in preventing the artery from blockage and helps maintain healthy life.
Home remedies to manage cholesterol levels
Commonly used in Indian cooking garlic has been known for its tremendous health enhancing properties. It was also found to have a positive effect on the blood pressure and the antioxidant potential of blood.
The most consumed liquid after water is green tea which is very rich source of polyphenols. These compounds provide tremendous health benefits to the human body.
The humble Dhaniya seeds have been used in Ayurveda for plenty of ailments. Among the long list, lowering bad cholesterol is one of them and Coriander seeds have plenty of key vitamins like folic acid, vitamin A and beta carotene and most importantly vitamin C.
Methi seeds as they are known to us have been used as very popular culinary spice, flavouring agent and medicinal plant since long time back. Methi seeds are tremendously rich in Vitamin E and possess antidiabetic, anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
It is one of the richest sources of Vitamin C and phenolic compounds in addition to minerals and amino acids. The fruit of amla has been used in Ayurveda as a rasayan for the treatment of plenty of diseases.
- In ayurveda several herbs are used to treat and control high cholesterol.
- Alfalfa is one of most used ayurvedic medicines for cholesterol. It helps in the cleaning of arteries that have been clogged with cholesterol deposits.
- Commiphora mukul which is popularly known as guggulu is known to reduce the level of cholesterol in body system. It has guggulsterones which decongests clogged arteries and also prevent further growth of cholesterol levels.
- In order to effectively dissolve the cholesterol deposits in the body tulsi or holy basil is also helpful for consumption.
- Arjuna has been used by ayurvedic consultants for ages now in order to cure heart related ailments. It is also used in order to clean block arteries which further prevents the risk of any cholesterol related problems such as heart attacks.
- Few additional remedies which are recommended in case of high cholesterol are hridayarnava rasa, prabhakara vati and mrigamdavasa. These medications are recommended to keep the growing cholesterol levels in check. Mrigamdavasa is served to those patients who have very high levels of LDL.
Apart from medicines and dietary changes ayurvedic remedies for cholesterol also hints at the fact that healthy lifestyle is vital to healthy heart. Therefore, ayurvedic diet and medicines for cholesterol to work effectively one must say no to smoking and drinking and get sound sleep and finally exercise on daily basis. Also, yoga asana such as padmasana, shalabhasana and vajrasana are tremendously beneficial for people who are suffering from high cholesterol.