According to Ayurveda and modern medicine, obesity is caused due to a build-up of excessive fat in the body. This excess fat gets accumulated on belly, buttock, thighs and breast. It can lead to a number of disorders such as diabetes, arthritis, hypertension, stroke and cancer. Ayurveda offers natural treatment to combat obesity. Ayurvedic remedies give the best results when used along with a healthy diet and exercise.
Overweight people have an excess of ama in their body. Ama is the toxins that build up in the body due to an unhealthy lifestyle, pollution, and incomplete or inefficient digestion. Ama blocks the circulatory, lymph and other channels of body. Ayurvedic treatment for obesity primarily aims at getting rid of ama.
Experts suggest that it is extremely difficult or perhaps impossible to lose weight in presence of ama. It is because of this reason that people fail to lose weight even when they limit their diet. So it is important to get rid of ama first and then work on losing weight.
Some of the herbs that are effective to eliminate ama include:
- Trikatu (an ayurvedic compound that consists of ginger, pepper and pipali)
- Tripbala (combination of amalaki, bibbitaki, and haritaki)
- Guggulu (an effective purifying ayurvedic herb)
Ayurvedic Remedies for Obesity
Experts suggest that overweight people must eat light, include spicy and toxic herbs (such as guggulu) to stimulate digestion. Besides these obese can also be benefited by ayurvedic home remedies for obesity. Below are few ayurvedic remedies which are useful in obesity irrespective of the dosha of the person.
- Take chitrak (Plumbago zeylonica), trikatu and kukti and mix them in equal proportion. Take half teaspoon of this mixture with mouthful of water. If you are more than 20 pounds overweight then take this herbal blend twice a day and once a day if you are less than 20 pounds overweight
- Take one teaspoon of guggul thrice a day. For more effective results mix ginger and honey to it
- Eat food that has high fibre content and is minimally processed
- Drink at least eight glass of water per day. This will help you to feel full for long hours
- Avoid food and beverages that can increase kapha. Food with high content of carbohydrates, sweets and sweeten drinks significantly contribute to kapha
- Increase intake of wheat products rather than rice products
Are you finding HIV treatment in India and hepatitis treatment in India with very effective treatment results at best pricing? If yes, then, Visit our website or get in touch with Lavanya Ayurveda Hospital today.