Nutmeg is a popular spice around the world. This spice is packed with essential nutrients, which are beneficial for health and beauty.This spice tree is a large evergreen plant that thrives well in tropical climates. Nutmeg is valued for its sweet aroma. The nutmeg tree is also valued for its medicinal properties. The leaves and other parts of the tree are used in extracting essential oil as well as nutmeg butter, which are used for the purpose of beauty and have other health benefits. Nutmeg is packed with nutrients: minerals such as magnesium, manganese and copper; and vitamins such as B1, B6, etc.
This spice is tremendous source of minerals like copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, zinc and magnesium. Potassium is a vital component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. The human body uses manganese and copper as cofactors for the antioxidant enzyme and superoxide dismutase. Iron is essential for red blood cell production and as a cofactor for cytochrome oxidizes enzymes.
It is also rich in many vital vitamins including B complex, vitamin C, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin A and several flavonoid antioxidants like beta carotene and cryptoxanthin which are essential for optimum health.
Health Benefits of Nutmeg:-
- Heals wounds, injuries, strains and other chronic inflammation from conditions like arthritis.
- Reduces constipation uneasiness and other intestinal infections
- Fight conditions like halitosis commonly known as bad breath. The active antibacterial components present in nutmeg kills the bacterium that causes this condition, and boosts the immunity of gums and teeth in addition.
- Reduces inflammation and irritation of the skin and also promotes hydration and helps with a smooth appearance.
- Apart from that the active ingredients present in nutmeg also help to disband kidney stones and boost up the overall function and efficiency of the kidney and liver. Small amounts of the nutmeg helps in releasing several neurotransmitters than persuade relaxation and sleep. The active principles in nutmeg have many therapeutic applications in many traditional medicines as anti fungal, anti depressant, aphrodisiac, digestive and carminative functions.
Since ancient times, nutmeg and its oil were being used in Chinese and Indian traditional medicines for illnesses related to the nervous and digestive systems. The compounds in this spice such as myristicin and elemicin have been soothing as well as stimulant properties on the brain.
- Nutmeg oil contains eugenol which has been used in dentistry for toothache relief.
- The oil is also used as a local massage to reduce muscular pain and rheumatic pain of joints.
- Freshly prepared decoction with honey has been used to relief for nausea, gastritis and indigestion ailments.
We are a fastest growing and reliable hospital located in Noida and Lucknow, India providing affordable hepatitis treatment in India with world class facilities for our patients.
For best hepatitis treatment in India, get in touch with us today.
We are one of the leading and reliable hepatitis hospitals in India providing world class treatments at very competitive charges.