Panchakarma is Ayurveda’s primary purification and detoxification treatment. Panchakarma means “five therapies”. Panchkarma is total detoxification and purification process of each and every cell of the body.
Through this procedure all the accumulated doshas are eliminated from the alimentary
canal and detoxifies each and every cell of the body.
Before Panchkarma,there is Purvakarma i.e.preperation for the main therapy (Panchkarma). It has two procedures-
2) Swedana(Formation).This dilutes the dosha at Shakhas and accumulates them in Koshtha(alimentary Canal).
After complition of Purvakarma main Panchkarma starts.Through this procedure all the accumulated doshas are eliminated from the alimentary canal and purifies and detoxifies each and every cell of the body.
Panchkarma has five steps-
1) Vaman(Emesis)-Medicine induced emesis to harmonize Kapha dosha. Vamana therapy removes Kapha toxins collected in the body and the respiratory tract. This is given to people with high Kapha imbalance. Daily treatment involves loosening and mobilizing the toxins in an effort to finally eliminate them.
Benefits of Vamana: Bronchial Asthma, Chronic Allergies, Hay Fever, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Hyperacidity, Chronic Indigestion Nasal Congestion, Edema, Obesity, Psychological disorders, Skin disorders.
2) Virechan(Purgation)-Medicine induced purgation to harmonize Pitta dosha. Virechana therapy removes Pitta toxins from the body that are accumulated in the liver and gallbladder. It completely cleanses the gastro-intestinal tract. It is a safe procedure without side effects.
Benefits of Virechana :help root out Chronic Fever, Diabetes, Asthma, Skin disorders such as Herpes, Paraplegia, Hemiplegia Joint disorders, Digestive disorders, Constipation, Hyperacidity, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Headaches, Elephantiasis and Gynecological disorders.
3) Vasti(Enema)-Medicated enema to harmonize the Vata Dosha. Vasti (Enema) is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the 3 doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon.
Benefits: For Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica, Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility & Infertility.
4) Nasya(Nasal Purge)-Nasal administeration of medicine to through-out the vitiated dosha in the head region.
Benefits: include Trigeminal Neuralgia, Bel’s Palsy, improves memory & eye sight, insomnia, elimination of excess mucus, hyper pigmentation in the face, pre-mature graying of hair, clarity of voice, headaches of various origins, Hemiplegia, loss of smell and taste, frozen shoulder, migraine, stiffness of the neck, nasal allergies, nasal polyp, neurological dysfunctions, Paraplegiar and sinusitis.
5) Raktamokshan(Induced Blood Letting)-To eliminate toxins which was absorbed into the blood stream through gastro-intestinal tract.
The series of these five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions). It has been scientifically proven that natural purification treatments can successfully eliminate environmentally toxic substances such as polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB’s) and pesticides from our body, without damaging it or causing side effects.
We are one of the leading, fastest growing and reputed Cancer Hospitals in India providing cancer and other treatments at reasonable rates.