Ayurveda is based on the principle of helping the body inherent capability to heal itself. There are certain fundamental principles of perfect health and longevity of life in this system of medicine and lifestyle management. Moreover, you can get treatment for the diseases with some easily available herbs and most of them are found in your home.
The simple Ayurvedic home remedies are entirely herbal in nature and very effective, safe and affordable for everyone. The approach to treatment in this system of medicine has many advantages over conventional treatment. The benefits of Ayurvedic home remedies are :
- Ayurvedic remedies are preventive as well as protective and curative in nature. As only herbal remedies are used, it does not pose any concerns of being toxic, but one should know about the precautions of their usage.
- Ayurvedic home remedies stress on the principle that the ingredients needed for curing our diseases should be available nearest to us. Since herbs, plants, vegetables, fruits and flowers that are used in the treatment are available as naturally occurring vegetation, it is best from the point of view of self-sustenance. The great Ayurvedic treatise Charak Samhita emphasises this.
- Ayurvedic herbal medicines do not show any side effects in the patient. Your physical and mental health is ensured without any fears of other ailments cropping up. It is understandable that one should look for the most natural way of treating the disease first rather than depend on a medicine which aims only at temporary relief from suppression of symptoms.
- Ayurvedic consultants emphasize healthy lifestyle with instructions on modifying the diet, sleep patterns and other basic human activities to aid in the treatment of a disease. Such a comprehensive approach towards treatment of a disease or just for general good health is not found in conventional system of medicine.
- Ayurvedic way of cure is very often the last resort of people. When everything fails Ayurveda begins. When treatment of an ailment is prolonged, ayurvedic approach is the right one because the aim is to remove the disease from its root. Many chronic and stubborn diseases can be cured in this way. You might be able to do this with home remedies or get the help of an Ayurvedic practitioner.
If you resort to the Ayurvedic home remedies and the ayurvedic way of life, it will not only cure you from common and serious ailments but also lead to great health benefits in the long run.