Triphala is traditional herb made from three different fruits and they are amla, haritaki and bibhitaki. It is considered one of the most versatile and tremendous natural ingredients in all herbal remedies. Let us examine the effects of these fruits on the body.
Amlaki or Amla
- Amla is fruit which is rich in vitamin C that builds immunity and effective antioxidant that removes harmful toxins from the body.
- Amla helps strengthen and nourish the lungs and the respiratory tract by removing mucus.
- Vitamin C present in Amla helps maintain perfect reproductive health in both males and females in whom it further contributes to regulate menstrual cycles.
- Amla induces iron that enhances blood circulation and maintains functioning of the heart.
- Its detox function helps in formation of fresh tissues which is vital for glowing skin.
- It aids in protein synthesis and acts as a muscle toner.
- It enhances the assimilation by absorption of minerals like calcium that strengthens bones and few of the other important minerals prevent hair fall and premature graying.
- Bhibitaki acts as blood purifier and curbs hemorrhage as well.
- It helps remove harmful toxins and excess fats from the body.
- Its antiviral and antibacterial abilities nurture voice quality and enhance eyesight.
- Hair roots are strengthened and it enriches hair color as well.
- Haritaki has five rasas or tastes being sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent and astringent.
- It stimulates the functioning of the digestive system and sensory organs.
- It is effective in combating piles, anaemia, gastrointestinal problems and gallstones.
- It fights against fever, headache, cough and asthma.
- It prevents heart diseases and regulates blood pressure.
The combination of these three herbs makes Triphala a wonder cure. Let us look at few of other tremendous health benefits of Triphala:
- It is a natural appetiser and promotes proper digestion which cures acidity and is an excellent laxative to help treat stomach ulcers.
- Triphala also helps reduce cholesterol levels, thereby reduces the chances of getting a heart attack or a stroke. A study has also discovered that it also has anti-cancer properties which can help in reducing tumours.
- It can also benefit the eyes and the skin. Cleaning your eyes with Triphala can cure eye problems like cataracts, myopia and conjunctivitis. It reduces the external radicals in the blood which helps restrict infections and skin disorders by enhancing blood quality. Its antioxidant properties help against skin ageing.
- Triphala is also greatly useful in reducing obesity by regularizing the digestive system. It is further augmented by reduction of excessive water content in the tissues and fights off hunger pangs.
Lavanya Ayurveda Hospital is one of the top HIV treatment hospitals & research centre in Noida & Lucknow, India aimed at providing best HIV Treatment in Noida and best HIV treatment in Lucknow, India at low cost.