Loose Motion which is also known as diarrhea is frequent passage of loose stools or watery unformed stools. Loose Motion can take away all your energy as each time you pass loose stools you are losing water and minerals from your body.
Loose Motion is not serious condition in adults. However, for infants it can cause serious health issues due to loss of vital nutrients from body. Stress, poor dietary habits, harmful environmental toxins, viral infections, certain medications and frequent use of antibiotics are not suitable for your digestive system. If you do not take balanced amount of water during loose motion, you can end up dehydrated.
There are plenty of factors that can trigger loose motion. Undigested food, food poisoning, infection from bacteria, food allergies, some medicines, too much eating, less nutrition, stress and too much intake of alcohol are all causes for loose motion. The main concern in curing patient suffering from loose motions is to prevent dehydration. The loss of fluids and salts from the body can cause serious problems if not addressed in time. In severe cases, the patient may be required to be kept on drips. As an immediate ayurveda remedy, you should give the patient boiled water with a bit of salt, one spoon of glucose and lemon. This drink can also be used for keeping the lips moist in case the patient has vomited after taking food. Give rice gruel instead of plain water.
Ayurvedic remedies for treatment of loose motions
- Ingest 3 grams of Javitri with whey.
- Mix Ajwain oil, fennel oil, soya oil and camphor in equal proportions. Let one drop of this mixture onto yoghurt or a sugar cube or teaspoon of sugar, mix it with water and drink. This mixture used to be very popular for nausea and vomiting in India.
- Make 300 grams of mixture with equal proportions of Trikatu, Asafoetida, ginger, nutmeg, black salt and lemon juice.
- Dried peel of pomegranate is also used to develop Ayurvedic medicine for loose motions. Take 3 or 4 pieces of the dried peel and mix with 2 cups of water. Boil at medium heat with the mouth covered. You can add 2 cubes of cane sugar or crystals of sugar to it. Keep boiling till the mixture left in the vessel is half. Take this after an hour of having your meal.
- The dried pomegranate peels can also be used with curd. Take 1 tablespoon of this mixture and mix it with a cup of thick curd. It needs to be taken on an empty stomach.
- Get powders of 60 grams of Lavanbhasakr Churn, 5 grams of Shankh Bhasam and Safed Jeera, and 3 grams of Lodhra and Sonth and make 16 equal divisions of this mixture and have one daily with yoghurt.
- In case the loose motions are caused by diarrhoea, take 5 gram haritaki and 1 gram fennel to make a 50 ml decoction. Give the mixture to the patient whenever he feels thirsty. This can be administered for three days.
- For acute cases of loose motions make a decoction of 200 ml with 100 grams of Rasnaut, 1 gram of Kutaj, 5 grams of Bael, 5 grams of Isabgol and 1 gram of Gond katira. You need to dissolve the ingredients in water and drink it.
Loose motion tend to dehydrate the body. Along with above mentioned ayurvedic remedies for loose motions make sure to consume plenty of water and other liquids such as juices. However, steer clear of diuretics like caffeine and soda.
Lavanya Ayurveda Hospital is wonderful and reliable hospital if you are looking for best Hepatitis treatment in Noida or best Hepatitis treatment in Lucknow and adjoining areas providing treatment at very genuine charges.