Ayurvedic medicines originated in India long time back. Since last few years ayurveda has become increasingly popular and more demanding across the globe. These medicines focus on curing the root cause of disease and ayurveda treat through customized plan that involves internal cleaning through alterations in diet, herbal combinations, herbs, exercises and medicines.
History of Ayurveda Medicines
Ayurvedic treatment focuses on prevention of ailment to avoid the need of treatment. Ayurveda originated in India long time back but systematic researches on ayurvedic medicines started in 1969. Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal are few other countries where ayurvedic medicines are commonly used since long time back. In recent days more and more people from west are also turning to ayurveda as an alternate medicine.
Function of Ayurveda Medicines
Ayurveda holds specific belief about general health and physical body. General health quality is known as prakriti or constitution in ayurveda. Prakriti consists mainly three energies namely vata, pitta and kapha.
- Pitta is made up of basically fire and water.
- Vata is made up of basically space and air.
- Kapha is made of basically water and earth.
Ayurvedic medicine helps to balance these doshas and enhance body ability to resist and recover from plenty of diseases.
Benefits of Ayurveda Medicines
- Since ayurvedic medicines have natural ingredients they do not have any particular side effect. These medicines make the person body and mind arogya .i.e. disease free.
- Ayurvedic medicine focuses on maintaining and restoring body capability to fight and balance ailments.
- Ayurvedic medicines can be safely used with other conventional medicines, if any already in use.
- They are non toxic and non invasive.
- Ayurvedic medicines are widely used to treat plenty of physical as well as psychological conditions. Arthritis, obesity, nervous disorder, colds, colitis, constipation obesity, skin problem, ulcer, acne, allergies, asthma, anxiety, hypertension, heart disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, diabetes, flu, cardiopathy, immune problems and many more.
- Ayurvedic consultants claim that with ayurvedic medicines one can easily get relief from stress and metabolism problem.
If you are using any traditional treatment then consult your ayurvedic consultant prior to using any ayurvedic medicine. Make sure that your ayurvedic treatment is compatible with your current treatment plan.