Boils are a deep infection of the hair follicle. They are red pus-filled swellings that are caused by a bacterium named Staphylococcus aureus. They are also known as ‘furuncle’ and ‘skin abscess’. The size of a boil can range from that of a pea to that of a golf ball. Heat Boils are at their strongest during the summer season. Boils are localized tender, inflamed, pus-filled swellings in the skin surrounded by large red areas. They are infections of the hair follicles of the skin.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Boils
- The best ayurvedic treatment for boils is the application of turmeric paste. With turmeric paste the swollen boils quickly heal.
- Aromatherapy is an effective ayurvedic treatment for boils. It helps to get rid of infection and eventually the boils. In aromapathy, tea tree, lavender and essential oils are used. Tea tree oil is effective in killing Staphylococcus and the medicated oil also drains the boil and facilitates speedy healing.
- External application of Charmardadi Thailam on boils is considered to be very impactful in healing boils.
- Make a thick paste of althea root powder, oat powder, echinacea powder and flax seed powder. Apply this mixture externally on the boil as this will help the release of the pus.
- Consume aloe vera pulp and also use it for external application. However, this ayurvedic remedy is ill advised for pregnancy women.
- Slightly warm a betel leaf till it becomes soft. Now coat it with pure castor oil and place it on affected area. This will rupture the boil and facilitate quick healing. For best results, repeat the procedure thrice a day.
Herbal Medicines for Boils
- Take Kanchanara Guggulu pills twice a day.
- Well Before going to bed it is recommended to take a tablespoon of Triphala Churna.
- Shatavari Ghritam when taken with milk can cure boils very effectively.
- Shobanjadadi Lepam is an effective ayurvedic treatment for instant relief from boils. Shobanjadadi Lepam is made by mixing powdered devdaru, shobhanjan root and kanji.
- Another ayurvedic medicine for boils is Kaishara Guggulu and it can be taken 3 times per day.
Home Remedies for Boil
- Dip a piece of bread in boiling water and then cool it to room temperature. Place it on the boil.
- Onion and garlic extracts when applied externally, help to ripen the boil, crack them and drain out the pus.
- To treat boils, drink a cup of bitter gourd juice with a table spoon of lemon juice on empty stomach.
- Ground cumin seeds with water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the boil twice a day.
- Castor bark is known to bring quick relief from boils. Grind it and make a paste with water. Apply externally on boils.
Lavanya Ayurveda Hospital is superb and reliable hospital if you are looking for Best hepatitis treatment in Noida or Best hepatitis treatment in Lucknow and connected areas providing treatment at very competitive charges.